These Best Practice papers present advice on the most optimal ways you can use DB2 to satisfy key business data processing needs. These papers are authored by leading experts in IBM’s development and consulting teams, and have been extensively tested.
Each Best Practice paper is designed to provide practical guidance for the most common DB2 9 product configurations. By applying these recommendations, you may improve the value of your DB2 data servers and align yourself with IBM’s technical direction for DB2.
Currently there are papers covering the following topics:
- Database storage
- Physical database design
- Data life cycle management
- Minimizing planned outages
- IBM data server security
- Deploying IBM DB2 products
- Writing and tuning queries for optimal performance
- Tuning and monitoring database system performance
- Managing XML data
- Improving data server utilization and management through virtualization
- Frequently asked questions from problem management reports
Expect more papers on other topics in the near future.